| |
|
| |
Description |
 |
 |
|
| Originally discovered
in 1942 by a farmer digging out a ferret
and found oyster shells and tiles. The site was taken over by Hampshire County Council Museums
Service in 1979 and now a small museum displays a collection
of artefacts found during the excavations and outside the villa's
best preserved foundations have been left visible, together
with two mosaic floors and a hypocaust.
|
|
| |
| |
Open |
 |
|
Beginning of April
to end of September
Thu, Fri, Sun and Bank Holiday Mondays, 11am to 4pm |
|
| |
| |
Prices |
 |
|
|
|
| |
| |
Contact |
 |
|
|
| |
| |
More pictures |
 |
|
|
| |
| |
Directions |
 |
|
| North West of Fordingbridge. |
|
| |
| |
Parking |
 |
|
|
| |
| |
Refreshments |
 |
|
|
| |
| |
Accessibility |
 |
|
Wheelchair:
The villa site is largely grass with no paths, and may cause
problems for wheelchair users. Accessible toilet available |
|
| |
| |
| |
 |
| |
|
|
|